As an independent advisor, Hartnell Taylor Cook LLP’s experienced and dedicated office agency teams in both London and Bristol advise on the acquisition, disposal, development and asset management issues on all types of property throughout the UK.
The Office Agency team has a position available immediately in our London Office for a surveyor with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience working in an Agency role. It is expected this will be at an Associate Director/Director level.
The successful candidate is expected to have experience in Office Agency and Financial Modelling, be a good communicator, be self-motivated and have a good eye for detail.
Key responsibilities: –
- Service existing letting instructions (mainly Central London) comprising over 200,000 sq. ft. of Cat A+/B space
- Office disposals and acquisitions (across London)
- Financial Modelling (cashflow)
- Consultancy advice
- Generating business through the use of e-mail, telephone prospecting, individual initiatives and being aware of market activity
- Responding efficiently and effectively to enquiries from clients and applicants
- Preparation of marketing literature
- Developing and liaising with key contacts, including solicitors, accountants and other professional bodies
- Understanding of wider property matters (Landlord & Tenant, Valuation, Development, Management etc)
- Dealing with clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Building internal and external relationships
- Liaising with other departments to ensure delivery of all relevant services to the properties and to the client
Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of KEL Investment Valuer/ Argus Developer & Excel
- A proven track record and experience in commercial property
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking lettings, disposals and acquisitions
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Be a proven fee earner.
- Relevant London experience and good business development skills.
- Experience in advising Landlord/Developer clients on improving their holdings by implementing office leasing strategies.
- Good attention to detail, with a strong numerical and written ability
- Able to write clear, concise reports with well-argued conclusions & recommendations
- Target driven and able to work at pace
- It will be a distinct advantage if you have knowledge of the Central London office market
- Hold a full UK driving licence
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Mobile telephone
- APC Study support
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (5% Employee, 4% Employer)
- Life insurance 4 x salary
- Flexible benefits including health cash plan, Holiday purchase, Cycle to work, gym and retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteering policy
- Professional subscription/fees
- Continuing Professional Development
We’ve put our heart and soul into the work that we do and approach each project with excitement. We love to make a difference, exceeding expectations and creating solutions through innovation
Putting our clients first requires us to fit around them. We offer holistic solutions rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. We are not a big corporate machine with lots of processes, we think smart and act fast. Our customer service is at the core of everything we do.
We’re a friendly bunch, and believe we create excellent results through teamwork and open dialogue, both internally and externally. We listen and talk with our clients about their needs, desires and challenges. We also like to take time out of the day to day and step back to celebrate our achievements together.
We believe relationships are built through honesty, integrity, transparency and inclusion. We don’t just talk a good game – we strive to deliver. Our professional team will put our clients right at the heart of our business. We can be trusted and relied upon by our clients to provide solutions for customer success.
Hartnell Taylor Cook is an equal opportunity employer and is fully committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally. Our Equality & Diversity policy is available on request.
If you wish to send your CV or require further information on the vacancy then please contact Leanne Jonas, Head of People:-
Email: [email protected]