The Professional Department at Hartnell Taylor Cook LLP has an established client base for its lease advisory work including corporate occupiers, property companies, institutional investors, retailers and local authorities. We work across a range of property sectors.
The Professional team has a position immediately available in our Bristol office for a lease advisory surveyor who is working in a lease advisory team and about to take their APC or has recently qualified with up to 2 years’ experience.
The role offers an exciting opportunity to become involved in a growing team, with the prospect for you to develop responsibility for your own caseload and clients. There will be a broad variety of work including provision of valuation advice and lease advisory services and your input and commitment will be highly valued and rewarded. The successful candidate is expected to be a good communicator, be self-motivated and demonstrate an excellent eye for detail.
- Reading and summarising leases
- Inspecting and measuring properties
- Collating evidence and compiling both pre-negotiation reports for advisory work
- Negotiating rent reviews, lease renewals, surrenders and re-gears on behalf of landlords and tenants (as appropriate)
- Preparing reports for 3rd party referrals
- Preparation of heads of terms for lease renewals
- Ongoing monitoring/progressing of the same through liaison with instructed solicitors
- Assisting senior colleagues as necessary
- Developing and maintaining a strong base of internal and external contacts
Skills and experience:-
- Experience of working within a lease advisory department
- MRICS qualification preferable
- Good understanding of landlord and tenant legislation
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload to ensure timely completion of tasks/instructions
- Results driven and highly proactive
- Good degree of analytical skills ability
- Excellent report writing skills
- Full, clean driving licence essential
What we can offer you:-
- Competitive salary
- Transparent bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Mobile telephone
- Auto enrolment pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Flexible benefits including health cash plan and retail discounts
- Professional subscription/fees
- Continuing Professional Development
If you wish to send your CV or require further information on the vacancy then please contact Kate Davis, Talent Manager:-
Email: [email protected]
We believe relationships are built through honesty, integrity, transparency and inclusion. We don’t just talk a good game – we strive to deliver. Our professional team will put our clients right at the heart of our business. We can be trusted and relied upon by our clients to provide solutions for customer success.
Hartnell Taylor Cook is an equal opportunity employer and is fully committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally. Our Equality & Diversity policy is available on request.