Surveyor – Property & Asset Management –
The Property and Asset Management team at Hartnell Taylor Cook LLP focus on client requirements in order to maximise the value of the management process and we never lose sight of the client’s overall strategy for the property nor the role of the building within their business.
The Property and Asset Management team has a position available immediately in our London Office for a MRICS qualified surveyor with a minimum of one year’s post-qualification experience within a similar service-driven role.
The role will encompass all aspects of management predominately working on a range of City of London offices and South East based retail portfolio. The successful candidate is expected to have experience in the management of office properties, retail properties and to be a good communicator, be self-motivated and have a good eye for detail. Some FM and operational experience is essential.
- You will have sole responsibility for the day to day running of multiple mixed-use commercial properties owned by important clients of the business
- You will be working with surveying colleagues, property administrators, the facilities management team, client accounting team and other support to ensure that rent and service charge demands are sent out in a timely fashion and that rent payments and arrears are monitored closely
- Building good relationships with all key stakeholders including clients, occupiers and internal teams to ensure the highest standards of service delivery
- Managing and agreeing licences and occupier requests
- Reviewing and enforcement of tenant/customer covenant compliance
- Setting, managing and reporting on service charge and annual budgets
- Contractor and supplier management
- Liaising with other departments to ensure delivery of all relevant services to the properties managed and to the client
- Ensuring data accuracy and managing the property management database maintained on TRAMPS
Skills and Experience
- A commitment to delivering the highest level of customer service
- A proven track record and experience in commercial property management, knowledge of Landlord & Tenant law including the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Knowledge and experience in managing single let and multi-let office buildings and retail units
- Strong understanding of budget setting, cost control and service charge recovery/administration
- Knowledge of building construction, M&E installations and contract management.
- Knowledge and experience of undertaking Lease renewals, rent reviews and lettings/disposals/acquisitions and licences
- Good attention to detail, with a strong numerical and written ability
- Able to write clear, concise reports with well-argued conclusions and recommendations
- Target driven and able to work at pace
- Excellent organisational skills
- RICS qualified
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of Property Management software e.g. TRAMPS
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Mobile telephone
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (5% Employee, 4% Employer)
- Life insurance 4 x salary
- Flexible benefits including health cash plan, Holiday purchase, Cycle to work, gym and retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteering policy
- Professional subscription/fees
- Continuing Professional Development
We’ve put our heart and soul into the work that we do and approach each project with excitement. We love to make a difference, exceeding expectations and creating solutions through innovation
Putting our clients first requires us to fit around them. We offer holistic solutions rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. We are not a big corporate machine with lots of processes, we think smart and act fast. Our customer service is at the core of everything we do.
We’re a friendly bunch, and believe we create excellent results through teamwork and open dialogue, both internally and externally. We listen and talk with our clients about their needs, desires and challenges. We also like to take time out of the day to day and step back to celebrate our achievements together.
We believe relationships are built through honesty, integrity, transparency and inclusion. We don’t just talk a good game – we strive to deliver. Our professional team will put our clients right at the heart of our business. We can be trusted and relied upon by our clients to provide solutions for customer success.
Hartnell Taylor Cook is an equal opportunity employer and is fully committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally. Our Equality & Diversity policy is available on request.
If you wish to send your CV or require further information on the vacancy then please contact [email protected]