The Property and Asset Management team has a position available immediately in our Bristol Office for a Property Management Surveyor.
The role will encompass all aspects of property management predominately working on multi-let offices, the geographic spread will include regional portfolio management in Bristol and across the South West. The successful candidate is expected to have experience in the management of multi-let / service charge office properties and to be a good communicator, be self-motivated and have strong attention to detail.
The Property and Asset Management team at Hartnell Taylor Cook LLP focus on client requirements and a broad understanding of surveying in order to maximise the value of the management process and we never lose sight of the client’s overall strategy for the property nor the role of the building within their business.
- You will be responsible for the largely independent day to day running of multiple commercial properties.
- You will be working with other surveying colleagues (including a Partner in the London Office ), facilities managers, property administrators and the property management accounts team (based in our Bristol office).
- Review and enforcement of tenant lease covenant compliance.
- Setting, managing and reporting on annual maintenance and service charge budgets
- Liaising with other departments to ensure delivery of all relevant services to the properties managed and to the client.
- Contributing to a positive and progressive team/business culture.
Skills and Experience:-
- A proven track record and experience in commercial property management, knowledge of Landlord & Tenant law including the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Knowledge and experience in managing single let and multi-let office buildings
- Strong understanding of budget setting, cost control and service charge recovery/administration
- Knowledge of building construction, M&E installations and contract management.
- Knowledge and Lease renewals, rent reviews and lettings/disposals/acquisitions
- Knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety legislation and best practice.
- Good attention to detail, with a strong numerical and written ability.
- Able to write clear, concise reports with well-argued conclusions & recommendations.
- Target driven and able to work at pace.
- Be comfortable working in a strong and respectful team environment.
- You will be RICS qualified
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of Property Management software e.g. TRAMPS, YARDI
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Mobile telephone
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (5% Employee, 4% Employer)
- Life insurance 4 x salary
- Flexible benefits including health cash plan, Holiday purchase, Cycle to work, gym and retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteering policy
- Professional subscription/fees
- Continuing Professional Development
If you wish to send your CV or require further information on the vacancy then please contact Kate Davis, Talent Manager:-
Email: [email protected]