Property & Asset Management – Bristol
The Property and Asset Management team at Hartnell Taylor Cook LLP focus on client requirements and a broad understanding of surveying in order to maximise the value of the management process and we never lose sight of the client’s overall strategy for the property nor the role of the building within their business.
The Property and Asset Management team has a position available immediately in our Bristol Office for a Property Management Surveyor.
The role will encompass all aspects of property management predominately working on multi-let offices, the geographic spread will include regional portfolio management across the UK. The successful candidate is expected to have experience in the management of multi-let / service charge office properties and to be a good communicator, be self-motivated and have strong attention to detail.
- You will be responsible for the largely independent day to day running of multiple commercial properties.
- You will be working with other surveying colleagues (including a Partner), facilities managers, property administrators and the property management accounts team (based in our Bristol office).
- Review and enforcement of tenant lease covenant compliance.
- Setting, managing and reporting on annual maintenance and service charge budgets
- Liaising with other departments to ensure delivery of all relevant services to the properties managed and to the client.
- Contributing to a positive and progressive team/business culture.
Skills and Experience:-
- A proven track record and experience in commercial property management, knowledge of Landlord & Tenant law including the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Knowledge and experience in managing single let and multi-let office buildings
- Strong understanding of budget setting, cost control and service charge recovery/administration
- Knowledge of building construction, M&E installations and contract management.
- Knowledge and Lease renewals, rent reviews and lettings/disposals/acquisitions
- Knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety legislation and best practice.
- Good attention to detail, with a strong numerical and written ability.
- Able to write clear, concise reports with well-argued conclusions & recommendations.
- Target driven and able to work at pace.
- Be comfortable working in a strong and respectful team environment.
- You will be ideally RICS qualified
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of Property Management software e.g. TRAMPS, YARDI
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Mobile telephone
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (5% Employee, 4% Employer)
- Life insurance 4 x salary
- Flexible benefits including health cash plan, Holiday purchase, Cycle to work, gym and retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteering policy
- Professional subscription/fees
- Continuing Professional Development
We’ve put our heart and soul into the work that we do and approach each project with excitement. We love to make a difference, exceeding expectations and creating solutions through innovation
Putting our clients first requires us to fit around them. We offer holistic solutions rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. We are not a big corporate machine with lots of processes, we think smart and act fast. Our customer service is at the core of everything we do.
We’re a friendly bunch, and believe we create excellent results through teamwork and open dialogue, both internally and externally. We listen and talk with our clients about their needs, desires and challenges. We also like to take time out of the day to day and step back to celebrate our achievements together.
We believe relationships are built through honesty, integrity, transparency and inclusion. We don’t just talk a good game – we strive to deliver. Our professional team will put our clients right at the heart of our business. We can be trusted and relied upon by our clients to provide solutions for customer success.
Hartnell Taylor Cook is an equal opportunity employer and is fully committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally. Our Equality & Diversity policy is available on request.
If you wish to send your CV or require further information on the vacancy then please contact Leanne Jonas, Head of People:-
Email: [email protected]