Cost Consultant – Bristol/London
Hartnell Taylor Cook’s Cost Consultancy team works with commercial property investors, developers, owners and occupiers to deliver a full range of construction projects, from refurbishment schemes to new build developments, across the UK.
We cover all aspects of cost consultancy services on projects and are retained by a wide range of clients across all sectors and work closely with all stakeholders and other team members to deliver best value on all projects, through a proactive and collaborative approach.
Whilst we typically cover full pre and post contract duties on projects, services are often tailored to suit a client’s specific needs.
We adopt a flexible and tailored approach to ensure the best project outcome. This process is driven by continuous communication and a sound understanding of our clients’ strategic objectives and project specific requirements.
Our Cost Consultancy service is underpinned by a comprehensive technical knowledge of construction and development processes, the application of established quantity surveying techniques, and strong team and leadership skills. We continuously seek to add value for our clients by engendering an open and honest approach, not being afraid to challenge, and delivering efficiencies of cost and time whilst mitigating project risks.
The Cost Consultancy team has a position available immediately in our Bristol or London Office for an experienced Senior/Associate Director quantity surveyor with a minimum of 2 (or more) years post qualification experience, working client side in private practice. Experience acting as Employer’s Agent on design and build projects would be an advantage.
As a Cost Consultant you will also work closely when required with our Building Consultancy, Investment, Agency and Property Management teams, enabling us to provide our clients with the latest market knowledge.
Ideally you will be working for a competing firm and can bring business or have contacts to develop future fee income. You will be a good communicator at all levels, be self-motivated and have a good eye for detail whilst maintaining a good strategic overview of all matters financial and contractual
- You will be responsible for providing advice on a wide range of project types and to a variety of clients many of whom are core clients of the business.
- Developing and managing client relationships.
- Helping the Director to manage the team in achieving target and growing the business line.
Skills and Experience:-
- A proven track record in ensuring that business operational and financial targets are met.
- Strong understanding of all normal pre-contract quantity surveying functions including preparation of approximate estimates of cost from initial feasibility through to pre-tender stage, cash flow forecasting, advising on procurement options, advising on value engineering opportunities, preparation of tender documents with/without quantities, advising on warranties, bonds etc., managing tender processes, tender analysis and reporting and preparing building contracts typically using standard or amended JCT and NEC forms; and all post-contract quantity surveying services including interim valuations, financial reporting, valuing variations and negotiating/agreeing final accounts.
- Strong understanding of standard forms of contract and associated documents, and of contract management/administration processes.
- Good attention to detail, with a strong numerical and written ability.
- Able to write clear, concise reports with well-argued conclusions & recommendations.
- Target driven and able to work at pace.
- You will be RICS qualified or similar.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Good knowledge of measurement software and use of on-line portals such JCT, NBS and BCIS.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Mobile telephone
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (5% Employee, 4% Employer)
- Life insurance 4 x salary
- Flexible benefits including health cash plan, Holiday purchase, Cycle to work, gym and retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteering policy
- Professional subscription/fees
- Continuing Professional Development
We’ve put our heart and soul into the work that we do and approach each project with excitement. We love to make a difference, exceeding expectations and creating solutions through innovation
Putting our clients first requires us to fit around them. We offer holistic solutions rather than a one-size-fits-all approach. We are not a big corporate machine with lots of processes, we think smart and act fast. Our customer service is at the core of everything we do.
We’re a friendly bunch, and believe we create excellent results through teamwork and open dialogue, both internally and externally. We listen and talk with our clients about their needs, desires and challenges. We also like to take time out of the day to day and step back to celebrate our achievements together.
We believe relationships are built through honesty, integrity, transparency and inclusion. We don’t just talk a good game – we strive to deliver. Our professional team will put our clients right at the heart of our business. We can be trusted and relied upon by our clients to provide solutions for customer success.
Hartnell Taylor Cook is an equal opportunity employer and is fully committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and job applicants equally. Our Equality & Diversity policy is available on request.
If you wish to send your CV or require further information on the vacancy then please contact Kate Davis, Talent Manager:-
Email: [email protected]