Building Consultancy – London –
Our London office is seeking to recruit a Senior Building Surveyor. The Building Consultancy team is going through an exciting period of change and we are looking for a motivated and ambitious individual to join us for the next stage of the journey.
We have a longer-term business plan and we want the right person to join and be part of delivering our goals for expansion during the next few years. We believe that this is an opportunity for an individual to expand their skills by gaining the full gamut of building surveying experience.
Our team’s intentions are always to provide our clients with effective advice, adding value to their assets through our technical expertise and experience. We have a proven track reckon of successfully delivering instructions which have enhanced our clients’ assets and maximised their returns.
We act on behalf of landlords and tenants including corporate and retail enterprises, investment companies, lenders and central and local government. We develop collaborative partnerships with our clients, formed on an understanding of their business needs and objectives to deliver effective solutions. By working closely with our Agency and Property Management teams, we are are able to provide our clients with a turnkey service, servicing their assets with nationwide coverage.
The role will involve providing advice on a number of key property related matters, covering the full spectrum of Building Consultancy services including; Building Surveys, Contract Administration, Project Management, Dilapidations, Reinstatement Cost Assessments, Planned Preventative Maintenance surveys and Party Wall matters. Assets will be predominantly commercial, although there will be a degree of retail, residential and mixed-use investments together with development work.
Key responsibilities: –
- You will be responsible for providing advice on a wide range of property types and to a variety of clients many of whom are core clients of the business
- Develop and manage client relationships
- Supporting your Director in growing the business line and achieving our objectives
- Develop and mentor junior staff members
Skills and Experience: –
- A proven track record in ensuring business operational and financial targets are met
- Strong understanding of all Building Consultancy disciplines
- Good people management skills
- Good attention to detail, with a strong numerical and written ability
- Able to write clear, concise reports with well-argued conclusions & recommendations
- Target driven and able to work at pace
- You will be RICS qualified
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, NBS software and Microsoft packages
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Car allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Mobile telephone
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (5% Employee, 4% Employer)
- Life insurance 4 x salary
- Flexible benefits including health cash plan, Holiday purchase, Cycle to work, gym and retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteering policy
- Professional subscription/fees
- Continuing Professional Development
To apply, contact Kate Davis, Talent Manager: [email protected]